pidl/wscript: only warn about grammar file changes

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Jan 11 04:09:20 MST 2011

Hi Andrew,

> On Thu, 2011-01-06 at 14:35 +0100, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
>> pidl/wscript: only warn about grammar file changes
>>
>>     autobuild should protect us from having grammar files
>>     and generated files out of sync.
>>
>>     metze
>
> Thanks for changing this to a warning.  However, I still get this
> warning every time I build.  Could it be changed (again) to only warn if
> if yapp was found and it used it?
>
> Otherwise (in the absence of an alternate solution), I fear that many of
> our git-following users will keep getting this warning every time they
> build.

	Pidl grammar files have changed. Please use the pidl standalone build
	to regenerate them with yapp.

	$ cd ../pidl
	$ perl Makefile.PL
	$ make lib/Parse/Pidl/IDL.pm lib/Parse/Pidl/Expr.pm
	$ git add lib/Parse/Pidl/IDL.pm lib/Parse/Pidl/Expr.pm
	$ git commit
	$ cd -

	If your 100% sure you haven't changed idl.yp and expr.yp
	try this to avoid this message:

	$ touch ../pidl/lib/Parse/Pidl/IDL.pm ../pidl/lib/Parse/Pidl/Expr.pm

What's so hard about just calling this?

touch ../pidl/lib/Parse/Pidl/IDL.pm ../pidl/lib/Parse/Pidl/Expr.pm

Maybe we should only trigger this with --enable-developer, instead of
checking
if yapp is installed?

metze