gpo patches

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 9 16:48:09 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 23:32 +1000, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
> Hi Metze,
>
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 21:19 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> > > Hi Andrew,
> > > hi Amitay,
> > >
> > > is it ok to push this patch?
> > >
> > http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=commitdiff;h=a8e330a5cd16f5dd2263bbd34a7371ce4125448a
> > >
> > > We should not specify autogenerated values on ldap add operations.
> >

> Thanks for the tip. I just copied the C code to python without realizing the
> automatic generation
> of objectclass values.

Amitay, I just wanted to say not to stress about this kind of feedback,
because you were not to expected to know about the automatic generation
here, nor should you have changed it! (in the conversion patches at
least).

Because of the age of code being re-factored, it's quite usual to get
comments about things you didn't change (because you took care not to
change behaviours).  I got the same doing auth work - it just comes with
the territory - and following up these comments after the conversion is
a useful way of bringing this code up to current standards and
practices, and applies the team's more full understanding of the
protocols.