Samba 4 successes and failures

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Nov 20 03:25:53 MST 2010

Hi Trever,

Thanks for your report.
As you might guess I'll focus on the upgradeprovision part ....

On 18/11/2010 04:26, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> First, the bad:
>
> upgradprovision does bad things. Matthieu was working on a test case and
> fix, but I couldn't get it to work even though I was checking out from
> his tree. It likely fixed the problems. The domain was erased and
> recreated and I haven't seen any additional changes in his tree to try
> testing again.

Ok I've been lacking some reactivity on this subject because I got
attracted too much (my fault) on the build farm.
Nevertheless a couple of days before I pushed a serie of patch about
upgradeprovision that work with alpha8 to alpha12.

Have you still a copy of the provision so that you can try with the
current master git ?
> named.conf.update doesn't have MX listed in the grants for
> administrator. This is a pain due to the fact that every time I need to
> add or change an MX entry I have to modify this, restart bind and hope I
> can do an nsupdate -g before samba rewrites the file.

You can add a static grant file called named.conf.update.static in the
private directory and add in it:

grant Administrator at REALM wildcard * MX

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org