Samba 4 successes and failures

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 09:04:08 MST 2010

Hello Matthieu,

On 11/20/2010 03:25 AM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hi Trever,
>
> Thanks for your report.
> As you might guess I'll focus on the upgradeprovision part ....

> Ok I've been lacking some reactivity on this subject because I got
> attracted too much (my fault) on the build farm.
> Nevertheless a couple of days before I pushed a serie of patch about
> upgradeprovision that work with alpha8 to alpha12.
>
> Have you still a copy of the provision so that you can try with the
> current master git ?
I do not know if I have a copy of one of the two domains. I can use it
on a copy of the other regardless. As for the apology, I hope I haven't
made you or any other S4 team member feel as if I am complaining. I am
amazed at all that you all do and I understand other bits take precedence.

I should be able to get to trying this out on Tuesday. The domain should
be down long enough for other reasons that I can back things up, try it
and then restore without causing problems.

> You can add a static grant file called named.conf.update.static in the
> private directory and add in it:
>
> grant Administrator at REALM wildcard * MX
>
> Matthieu.
This is perfect, thank you. I will start doing this.

Thank you,
Trever
--
"Anger is momentary madness." -- Horace