Windows 7 profile problem

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Nov 7 13:39:09 MST 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 16:45 +0100, Magnus Benngård wrote:
> Hi,
> I am not sure if this is a Samba question, if not excuse me plz.
> Secnario:
> Samba4 server dc for inputinterior.se a Windows 7 box (anhn-pc) with a local user (anhn) with administrator rights.
> I joined the anhn-pc to inputinterior.se, created the anhn user on the Samba box, renamed the local anhn profile, removed the local anhn user and

> Has anyone ran into my problem? For me it doesn’t sounds like a Samba error but I am not smart enough to be sure.

You cannot copy a profile between users, or incarnations of users.  The
user's SID is embedded in the profile.  Samba3 offers a tool 'profiles'
to change that SID, to assist in this area.  The documentation we have
about profiles in Samba3 should apply here, as this is a client-only
function.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.