Printing issues in Samba 3.6.0-GIT-786a767-devel (Next to Bug #6727)

Gregory Auzanneau greg at reolight.net
Sun Nov 7 12:45:29 MST 2010

Hello All,

Since Samba 3.4 (Still present in 3.5.6), there is an issue which
prevents samba to register defaults printers properties (bug register as
#6727) which has for consequence the inability to setup 4 Trays or
Duplex to a printer, or paper size A4-A5 instead of Letter for exemple.

On IRC #samba-technical, I was advice to test if this bug is still
present on 3.6-git-devel.

So I compil 3.6.0 from git with cups enabled.
On this git release, I cannot see my printer under "Printers and Faxes"
but I can see them on the root path (Capture.png).

I've got a error message when trying to add my printer on Windows XP, so
to test if I can print I send an hello by : echo hello >
\\samba-computer\printername
Now under "Printers and Faxes", I can see a ghost printer
(Capture-1.png) and my "hello" never arrives to CUPS.

I've attach a Samba log with loglevel set to 6.

Hope this can help.

Thank you all for the good work with samba, keep up with it ! :)

Grégory Auzanneau