help changing write_through

Gerald Carter jerry at plainjoe.org
Fri May 28 08:39:32 MDT 2010

On 05/27/2010 07:15 PM, samba user wrote:
> Hi Chris:
>
> I see that the performance seen on my client goes up
 > when I use -o option on iozone cli - would like to
 > understand and experiment with that. While I
> research whats going wrong with my setup, I would
 > like to enable this option and do some experiments.
>
> I agree this may be complaint, but just for experimentation.
 > Can you pls suggest the required changes?

Marty,

The FILE_WRITE_THROUGH CreateOption basically means using
the O_SYNC mode on the open().  I agree with Chris that the
question doesn't really make sense since FILE_WRITE_THROUGH
is up to the server to enforce (or not).  You can enforce
equivalent FILE_WRITE_THROUGH semantics in smbd regardless of
whether or not the client requests it.

cheers, jerry