Need a change to the ACL code

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 2 13:38:47 MST 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 15:53 +0200, Nadezhda Ivanova wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> If I understand correctly, the problem is the acl module will no
> longer receive "rename" requests and therefore cannot handle them?
> One possible solution  - the easiest and fastest one - would be to
> split the acl module so that we have a separate rename part, which can
> go under rdn. I can do that and test it easily. Another way is to
> implement some sort of API for ACL checking. It would solve the module
> stack issue, but the checks will be scattered around too much in the
> code. What do you think?

No, it's actually the opposite.  At the moment, there is no need to
check that the RDN is permitted to be modified, because a rename will
also have a 'modify' directly before or after it, in the same
transaction.

Now, the rename will not have that associated modify when it passes
though the ACL module.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear - it's a difficult change to explain :-(

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.