More s3compat patches for review

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 7 20:13:53 MDT 2010

I've updated my s3compat-for-review branch with the remaining changes
that I would like to see merged in the near future.

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/s3compat-for-review

There are still other changes (see my s3compat branch), but I'm trying
to present the series in manageable hunks of I hope uncontroversial
patches.

Jeremy,

We spoke about the #ifdef changes that I wanted to ensure you were
comfortable with.  As per the discussion with simo on the list, it seems
more reasonable to #ifdef these than to try and create false layers of
abstraction.

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=874ce3d95f8199fe7a386950849d0e6413fb2779
s3:auth Enable make_auth_context_subsystem to be replac ...

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=2cc2b29a6c06b5c3f40ad54ea099a2d31ab144e8
s3:param Allow lp_security() and lp_passdb_backend ...

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=c10d41a1d47592475040451f83e76b0af838855b
s3:s3compat Allow replacement of lp_idmap_backend() and
lp_idmap_alloc_backend

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=f55ac76e5063e3cbcad67cc4fdc82888aad2c898
s3:s3compat Override default pipe forwarding for s3compat

Guenther,

Can you look over the rest of these, and merge or sign off on them if
they are acceptable?

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.