[Release Planning 3.6] Samba 3.6.0pre2

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Dec 14 09:19:45 MST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 05:15:47PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> I've looked over the changes between master and 3.6, and in particular
> the diffstat, and I wonder if we should just do that merge again.

I disagree. We should not get into a habit of doing this.

> Not that I'm complaining, as I've been able to get in the security
> default changes,

The security default changes have not yet gone into v3-6-test,
I've been waiting for you to merge them. If you think the code
is stable enough please do so.

> but it seems we have (perhaps helped by the stability
> that autobuild has given us) moved towards a 'release from master'
> pattern.

That would be a mistake of monstrous proportions (IMHO) and
is not a professional way of doing software releases. I test
out of v3-6-test, and I suggest others should be doing the
same.

Jeremy.