[Release Planning 3.6] Samba 3.6.0pre2
abartlet at samba.org
Mon Dec 13 23:15:47 MST 2010
On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 11:58 +0100, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 04:57:18PM +0100, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> > ok, there seem to be several reasons to sync from the master branch again.
> > That will delay the release, but is certainly better than a broken
> > release.
> > If there are no objections, I will do the rebase by the end of this week.
> > If anyone would like to veto, please raise your hand as soon as possible.
> Ok, sync has been done (see commit e6c93277d).
> Can we go ahead with 3.6.0pre2 now? Or are there any issues that need to
> be addressed before the next release?
I've looked over the changes between master and 3.6, and in particular
the diffstat, and I wonder if we should just do that merge again.
It seems that (in the past two weeks since the re-merge) every change
that has been made intentionally for source3 is identical in v3-6-test
and master, and those changes that have missed out don't seem to have
intentionally done so.
My question to the list is: What's the best way to handle this? Move
the remaining patches that touch common code or source3/ by hand, or
should we just do a new merge? I take it 3.6 will only truly diverge
once we have to bugzilla all the changes?
Not that I'm complaining, as I've been able to get in the security
default changes, but it seems we have (perhaps helped by the stability
that autobuild has given us) moved towards a 'release from master'
Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the samba-technical