samba-3.5.4 compile error

Björn Jacke bj at SerNet.DE
Fri Aug 27 02:50:21 MDT 2010

On 2010-08-26 at 15:32 +0200 Christian Mensing sent off:
> During compilation of source3, 3 errors occurred:
>

> 1)  tdb.h was not found
>                     (possibly this pertains only to source3)
>                     after linking lib/tdb/include/tdb.h
>                     into the include directory things continued
>
> 2)  fails to compile libsmb_cache.c
>
>                     error: smbc_smb_encrypt_level undefined
>
> -> libsmbclient.h was not found in the expected libsmb directory:
>
>    after linking include/libsmbclient.h into libsmb things continued
>
> 3) fails to compile switch/wbinfo.c
>
> -> popt_common.h was not found in the lib/cmdline directory
>
> the include on line 30 was changed from
> #include "lib/cmdline/popt_common.h"
> #include "popt_common.h"
>
> then things concluded successfully.
>

> irix linker: unknown option: -as-needed (ignored)
>                            : error_unresolved (ignored)

that one can be ignored as the message alread says, in 3.6 you won't see that
warning any more. The compile errors are strange, because we have an IRIX
machine with irix compiler, slightly different version which should however not
make out those errors like you see, in the build farm. It doesn't have those
problems and compiles fine:
http://build.samba.org/?function=View+Build;host=SerNet-IRIX;tree=samba_3_next;compiler=cc

Do you use GNU make? If not, please retry with that once more.

Cheers
Björn
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9