Samba4: torturing SMB2 throws error at samba4.smb2.dir

Frank Gruman fgatwork at verizon.net
Mon Apr 19 21:06:47 MDT 2010

I've been asked to take a poke at Samba 4 and check on its potential in
an existing AD infrastructure as a tertiary / final fail over point.  I
grabbed the latest from git as of this evening and ran a waf build.
This is looking good so far...

Unfortunately, I run into a single error when I run 'make test'

        [427/626 in 47m1s] samba4.smb2.dir
        (dc)
        Creating 700
        files
        pulling the first two
        files
        Changing attributes and
        deleting
        UNEXPECTED(failure): samba4.smb2.dir
        (dc).MODIFY
        REASON: ../torture/smb2/dir.c:998: status was
        NT_STATUS_FILE_CLOSED, expected
        NT_STATUS_OK:

        command: ./bin/smbtorture --configfile=$SMB_CONF_PATH
        --maximum-runtime=1200 --target=samba4
        --basedir=/root/samba/source4/st/s4client
        --option=torture:progress=no --format=subunit //$SERVER/tmp -U
        $USERNAME%$PASSWORD --option=torture:sharedelay=10000
        --option=torture:oplocktimeout=3
        --option=torture:writetimeupdatedelay=50000
        SMB2-DIR
        expanded command: ./bin/smbtorture
        --configfile=/root/samba/source4/st/client/client.conf
        --maximum-runtime=1200 --target=samba4
        --basedir=/root/samba/source4/st/s4client
        --option=torture:progress=no --format=subunit //localdc1/tmp
        -UAdministrator%localdcpass --option=torture:sharedelay=10000
        --option=torture:oplocktimeout=3
        --option=torture:writetimeupdatedelay=50000
        SMB2-DIR
        ERROR: Testsuite[samba4.smb2.dir
        (dc)]
        REASON: Exit code was
        1

The system is 64-bit openSUSE 11.2 on a Dell PowerEdge 860 with two
dual-core 2.8GHz CPU / 4GB RAM

Everything else that is being tested is successful.  Any clues?  I am
going to take a peak under the covers tomorrow or Wednesday, but thought
I'd throw this out tonight before I shut down for the day.

Regards,
Frank