Problem in Final Provision Script - samba4-pre-Alph9

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Mon Sep 14 14:57:49 MDT 2009

> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:43:50 +0200
 > From: Michael Str?der <michael at stroeder.com>
 > To: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>

>  Andrew Bartlett wrote:

>> > Indeed.  It used to, and until OpenLDAP returns that that behaviour, we
>> > won't function.  If need be, I'll work this out with Howard when I see
>> > him this week.
>> >
>> > I am loathed to return Samba4 to 'guess the OpenLDAP configuration'.

The OpenLDAP behavior has not been reverted, but you're talking about two
different things. The default path for modules is now present in the slapd
binary, which makes it unnecessary for you to use the "modulepath" directive.
But Michael was asking you about the "moduleload" directive. Even though you
don't need to guess the configuration any more (you don't need to guess what
the modulepath is, or whether a module is dynamic or static) you still have to
actually specify the moduleload directives.

> I guess the problem is that your OpenLDAP binaries were not build with
> configure option --enable-modules. But with most OpenLDAP deployments that is
> what is used.

And moduleload/modulepath will only be recognized as valid keywords if you
configured with --enable-modules. If you didn't do that, then right, none of
this will work.

--
   -- Howard Chu