Wine, samba, and xattrs

Wed Sep 9 11:42:41 MDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 04:18:01AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Jeremy Allison<jra at samba.org> wrote:
> >> That'd be sweet.  I'll try to get the skeleton of the wine
> >> patch in so you can just fill in the fun stuff.
> >
> > Thanks. It'll be depending on our NDR parsing functions
> > though so it might be more fun than you think :-).
>
> Hope you can dual-license those, or something.
> The Wine tree is by policy all LGPL v2.

The ndr support layer is not *that* large. It should be
doable to rewrite those in very few days.

The way I would do it is to take the generated
ndr_something.c and make it link with a new library, not
looking at the existing one.

Given that we then can share the pidl output with the wine
RPC layer, from my point of view this would be worth the
effort.

Volker