Provision with OpenLDAP crash still exists

MICHAEL BROWN mbrown at mesainc.com
Tue Sep 8 14:57:34 MDT 2009

Greetings,
This is just FYI.  Don't know if you guys know this or not.

Please refer to the following thread:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2009-August/066468.html

The lockup issue mentioned per that thread is fixed when SAMBA 4 Alpha 9 GIT 9aa11fd is provisioned to use it's own backend.
However, if you provision SAMBA to use the OpenLDAP backend, the SAMBA process dies exactly as explained within that thread.
Also,
I can't compile with debug symbols on the current GIT version or I would provide back trace.
I get errors with "enable-developer" and the build fails.

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.