[Release Planning 3.4] Samba 3.4.1 delayed until September 9

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Sep 9 09:17:23 MDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 11:04:17AM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 05:47:18PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Karolin, sorry to be a pain, but can we review the
> > status of the following bugs before we do a release
> > (ie. can we maybe push the release back until Friday) ?
> So what you're saying is that we can't ship 3.4.1 if there
> are still open bugs?

No, it's just that the fixes I've called out aren't yet in the
v3-4-test tree.

That always makes me nervous as I like to test a complete
shipping tree for a while before we ship. Yes I know they're
in *my* tree, but I'm not sure how many other people have
had them in their trees :-). Once they're in the v3-x-test
tree that everyone pulls from then I know others are testing
with them too.

> 3.4.0 has been out there in pretty buggy state for a while
> now, and I could imagine that v3-4-test is an improvement as
> it stands right now. If we wait for the bug list to go down
> to zero, we will never ship 3.4.1. For example the "win98
> can't connect" bug has been submitted to bugzilla at least 3
> times now. We *need* a release out there with that fixed,
> even if it is not perfect.

Yes, I know it's an improvement on 3.4.0 (which actually
was a pretty good release w.r.t. number of bugs filed).


More information about the samba-technical mailing list