[Release Planning 3.4] Samba 3.4.1 delayed until September 9

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Sep 9 06:31:30 MDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 11:04 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 05:47:18PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > Karolin, sorry to be a pain, but can we review the
> > status of the following bugs before we do a release
> > (ie. can we maybe push the release back until Friday) ?
> So what you're saying is that we can't ship 3.4.1 if there
> are still open bugs?
> 3.4.0 has been out there in pretty buggy state for a while
> now, and I could imagine that v3-4-test is an improvement as
> it stands right now. If we wait for the bug list to go down
> to zero, we will never ship 3.4.1. For example the "win98
> can't connect" bug has been submitted to bugzilla at least 3
> times now. We *need* a release out there with that fixed,
> even if it is not perfect.
> Just my irrelevant 2cents,

I have to agree,
Jeremy either you have blocker bugs or Karolin should go on and release.

We switched to time based releases exactly to avoid getting trapped into
the "let's fix yet another bug or it is not perfect" syndrome after
all :-)


Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer <simo at samba.org>
Principal Software Engineer at Red Hat, Inc. <simo at redhat.com>

More information about the samba-technical mailing list