[Release Planning 3.4] Samba 3.4.1 delayed until September 9

Volker Lendecke Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE
Wed Sep 9 03:04:17 MDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 05:47:18PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Karolin, sorry to be a pain, but can we review the
> status of the following bugs before we do a release
> (ie. can we maybe push the release back until Friday) ?

So what you're saying is that we can't ship 3.4.1 if there
are still open bugs?

3.4.0 has been out there in pretty buggy state for a while
now, and I could imagine that v3-4-test is an improvement as
it stands right now. If we wait for the bug list to go down
to zero, we will never ship 3.4.1. For example the "win98
can't connect" bug has been submitted to bugzilla at least 3
times now. We *need* a release out there with that fixed,
even if it is not perfect.

Just my irrelevant 2cents,

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/attachments/20090909/4e1703af/attachment.pgp>

More information about the samba-technical mailing list