Remaining "cast"/"const" patches

Thu Oct 15 09:40:01 MDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 05:07:49PM +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> here is the last version of my compiler warning patches (casts, consts)
> for s4 and for common code. The s3 only version I dropped since there
> were some concerns about the reasonability (well - there don't exist
> those kind of warnings at the moment so I agree that it wouldn't be
> really needed there).
>
> I propose them here for review as decided with abartlet. Naturally I
> will consider also other requests and concerns. I just want to have this
> work finished soon.

A quick comment:

        }
        if (num_components == 0) {
-               name = talloc_strdup(ndr, "");
+               name = talloc_strdup(ndr->current_mem_ctx, "");
                NDR_ERR_HAVE_NO_MEMORY(name);

How does this fix a const warning???

Please don't touch code that is common between s3 and s4
with these patches.

Thanks,

Volker