[s4/LDB] ldap.py status

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Sat Oct 3 08:50:41 MDT 2009

Hi Andrews,

I wanted to inform you about the latest state of my work:
- I merged all patches from abartlet except the SAMLDB one - since I
plan to introduce a rewritten and improved samldb module someday (since
ours doesn't match with the ADTS documentation - Microsoft has it much
more structured by special triggers - e.g. objectclass trigger) -
therefore I don't know if it makes sense to apply it
- LDB UTF8 support is broken (commented out in the ldap.py test) - I
don't know why - it would be nice if anyone could investigate this a bit
more
- "nTSecurityDescriptor" tests need adaptions (are broken at the moment)
- I hope Zahari, which wrote it has interest to fix it

Matthias