[s4/LDB] ldap.py status

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Oct 4 03:30:18 MDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 16:50 +0200, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> Hi Andrews,
>
> I wanted to inform you about the latest state of my work:
> - I merged all patches from abartlet except the SAMLDB one

Thanks.

> - since I
> plan to introduce a rewritten and improved samldb module someday (since
> ours doesn't match with the ADTS documentation - Microsoft has it much
> more structured by special triggers - e.g. objectclass trigger) -
> therefore I don't know if it makes sense to apply it

I would like to see them applied, but I'm not worried about exactly
when.  I just don't want it lost.  If I do apply it to the current tree,
hopefully it will not be too hard to adapt into your new design.  (But I
also don't want to make the merge more difficult than strictly required)

> - LDB UTF8 support is broken (commented out in the ldap.py test) - I
> don't know why - it would be nice if anyone could investigate this a bit
> more

While some of those tests were known to fail for a long time (the
'expect space collapse' test), can you look into what made the other
tests start failing?  We should not just disable tests because we find
they start to fail.

> - "nTSecurityDescriptor" tests need adaptions (are broken at the moment)
> - I hope Zahari, which wrote it has interest to fix it

Does this pass against Windows?

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.