update_machine_account_password

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Fri Nov 27 10:23:02 MST 2009

Andrew B,

For a reason that I can't explain update_machine_account_password do not
work properly to update the supplementalCredentials and that's why using
smbclient for s4 against the updated tridge provision is failing
(because it's provision use w2K8 domain level and everything is done so
that aes is activated).

I tried several trick and failed so a guru of this stuff is required.
Note that setting the password with sbin/setpassword but things back in
order (well once the kvno has been modified to put secrets.ldb and
sam.ldb in sync)

Could you have a look ?

Matthieu.