the sorry saga of the talloc soname 'fix'

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Jul 6 13:14:39 GMT 2009

Hi Jelmer,

 > FWIW, these issues were fixed in Debian experimental a couple of
 > months ago, so I would expect Karmic to ship with properly working
 > packages.

excellent!

If we can get the updated talloc API in too then we'll be in much
better shape than we are now.

One thing I wanted to ask you. If we add a talloc_set_log_fn() call to
replace the stderr hack I have in there now, then how do I ensure this
is called from all Samba code? Can we associate an init function with
lib/util/debug.c ?

Cheers, Tridge