Unable to add posixAccount objectclass to AD user

brendan powers brendan0powers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 19:11:07 MST 2009

Oops! the previous message was supposed to go directly to Andrew
Bartlett. I would not recommend applying these patches, as it breaks
provisioning. He asked me to send him the patches so he can help me
figure out why.

These patches are intended to fix the improper handling of auxiliary
classes in objectclass.c. The two major changes include reimplementing
objectclass_sort to just sort the classes  by there subClass_order. As
well as using get_last_structural_class to find the class to do the
checks on, instead of the last class in the list. Other changes
include moving get_last_structural_class from descriptor.c to util.c,
and modifying it to ignore auxiliary classes. The check in
password_hash.c was because I tried to create a user that had a
posixAccount, but no user class. This caused a segfault because
io->u.sAMAccountName would be null.

Sorry for the confusion!