Unable to add posixAccount objectclass to AD user

Sassy Natan sassyn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:53:17 MST 2009

Did u manage to fix it?
It seems when I first check the posix account it was working (on
alpha10 and 9). But I was mistaken.
I can't add a posix account and I can tell why? Any Solution?

The only work around I could do was to create the following attribute
and work via ADUC with the unix extension on it

Just create the following:
1. 'CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=domain,DC=local' as
objectClass: top; container;
2. CN=ypservers,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=local,DC=local;
as  objectClass: top; container;
3. CN=domain,CN=ypservers,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=boxit,DC=local'
as objectClass: top; msSFU30DomainInfo;  and add to the object this:

	1> msSFU30OrderNumber: 10000;
	1> msSFU30MasterServerName: DC;
	1> msSFU30MaxGidNumber: 10000;
	1> msSFU30MaxUidNumber: 10000;

I add this using ADSI and manage to create a Posix Users but from cli
or ldap utility I also get access volition.

Andrew, Are the patches brendan  do the trick?

10x
Sassy

.