RFCs, Debian and Samba build dependencies

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 1 14:50:20 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 08:36 +0100, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 07:10:19AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Please find below the text of the original bug report we got about
> > this (we got a similar bug report for samba 3, as it carries some
> > samba4 sources).
>
> the RFCs are removed by the create-tarball script for s3. So this
> shouldn't be a problem in s3 tarballs any longer.

Just to let you know, the create-tarball script in 'master' does no such
thing.  It looks like it does, but the rfc files are still in there, and
as such, the merged build succeeds.

I was going to propose a patch that removes source4 from that tarball,
but I received objections on IRC this morning, that developers need the
exact smbtorture4 source that was used to validate the release included
with the release.

As such, if you were to remove the rfc files, it would break this
functionality.  If you were to choose to do so regardless, I would ask
that the entire source4 directory be removed, as it will no longer
build.  (or an alternate solution found, but too much time has already
been wasted on this).

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.