[Patches] rebuildextendeddn script

Matthieu Patou mat at matws.net
Wed Aug 26 11:00:41 MDT 2009

On 08/26/2009 08:13 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 00:05 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>
>> Andrew,
>>
>> Find attached 2 patches for the rebuildextendeddn script.
>>
>> Patch 0001 is for functions used to get attributes with DN syntax and
>> attributes with forward links
>>
> This looks good, but why don't you then make the provision_backend()
> code use your new helper functions?

I suppose that you are talking about get_linked_attributes more
specificaly. At the first glance they seems to share code but in fact
it not so obvious at the end as my function is returning an array and in
the provision backend looks for a string, well this can be solved by
joining all the element of the array in one string
Also it needs a second string made from backlink attributes, and at
first when I tried something the whole thing looked very bad so that's
why I didn't make code reused

I'll make a patch proposal for reusing the code.
Let me know if you find it good.

>> Patch 0002 is for the rebuild script it self.
>>
> This looks very interesting.  The main problem I see is the need to go
> via LDIF.  This seems to be a limitation in the LDB python bindings, so
> I'll look into how I can help here.

As most of the time if I got LDIF it's because the binding as a problem.

I'll retry to see exactly what's going on.

Matthieu.