[Patches] rebuildextendeddn script

Matthieu Patou mat at matws.net
Wed Aug 26 11:03:42 MDT 2009

On 08/26/2009 09:00 PM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> On 08/26/2009 08:13 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 00:05 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>>
>>> Andrew,
>>>
>>> Find attached 2 patches for the rebuildextendeddn script.
>>>
>>> Patch 0001 is for functions used to get attributes with DN syntax and
>>> attributes with forward links
>>>
>> This looks good, but why don't you then make the provision_backend()
>> code use your new helper functions?
>>
> I suppose that you are talking about get_linked_attributes more
> specificaly. At the first glance they seems to share code but in fact
> it not so obvious at the end as my function is returning an array and in
> the provision backend looks for a string, well this can be solved by
> joining all the element of the array in one string
> Also it needs a second string made from backlink attributes, and at
> first when I tried something the whole thing looked very bad so that's
> why I didn't make code reused
>
> I'll make a patch proposal for reusing the code.
> Let me know if you find it good.
So I refactor the patchs:

Patch 0001: I remove the useless split on partitions names
Patch 0002: No change
Patch 0003: Patch to mutualize the use of get_linked_attributes, I have
not easily the opportunity to test it to see I unfortunately introduce
any kind of regression with this (I think and hope not ...). If someone
can let me know.