extended provision-backend

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 6 20:57:02 MDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 01:09 +0200, Oliver Liebel wrote:

> Andrew Bartlett schrieb:

> >> what about a simple bind via python-ldap to the socket?
> >> that should do it too.
> >> tested ist, seems ok.
> >>

> > That would work.  However I would prefer to use the ldb bindings if
> > possible.  See the Ldb module.
> >
> > (not that I think using python-ldap would be a big extra burden in terms
> > of dependences, but because it means a future maintainer of the script
> > would not have to learn another module and pattern).
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
> >
> hi andrew,
> here is the second (and hopefully...) final edition.
>
> (apologize again that i have attached "normal" diffs,
> but the git-stuff and i... sorry ;-)

Read this:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Using_Git_for_Samba_Development

ie (not tested, sorry, but let me know if you have trouble):
$ git config --global user.email Your.Email at domain.com
$ git config --global user.name "Your Real Name"
$ git clone git://git.samba.org/samba.git samba
$ cd samba
$ git checkout -b oliver-master-devel origin/master
$ git add <list of files you have touched>
$ git commit
$ git format-patch -1

(where -1 means the last patch, use say -2 if you have done two commits)

When you want to sync up to the current tree, run:
$ git rebase origin/master

The critical points are to set your e-mail addr, to commit the patches
and to use git format-patch.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.