John H Terpstra - Samba Team
jht at samba.org
Wed Apr 29 23:28:33 GMT 2009
Samba 3.3.3 on Centos 5.3 has problems with profile acls on the profiles
share, so today I updated to samba 3.3.4. This solves the profile acls
problem but appears to have introduced a new bug.
Would someone who has 3.3.4 please try the following:
1. Execute the following and record the values reported:
2. Change the workgroup name
3. stop smbd, nmbd, and winbind
4. delete the secrets.tdb file
5. Start samba daemons: smbd nmbd winbind
6. Reset the original domain sid using:
net setdomainsid S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx
per the values obtained from 'net getdomainsid'
The error message is: "Cannot fetch local SID."
I am requesting validation to make sure this is not an isolated problem.
I'll file a bug report if someone can confirm this is not an isolated issue.
- John T.
"If at first you don't succeed, don't go sky-diving!"
More information about the samba-technical