Need help merging LDB into common lib/

Mon Apr 13 07:25:37 GMT 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 03:49:24PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I've tried the simple approach, and made Samba4 build, but I'm at a bit
> of a loss as to the Samba3 build system.  Perhaps someone with
> experience in the Samba3 build system can help me fix up the branch at:
>
> git://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git ldb-common
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ldb-common
>
> (Once this is done, I'll be in a position to test, and then propose my
> libcli-auth-merge3 branch)

As told on irc, I don't see a point in further use of ldb in
Samba3, because we will have to maintain two code-bases in
Samba3 then: The clustered version that uses direct tdb (see
group_mapping.tdb) and the non-clustered version that does
ldb.

Because the existing ldb use in Samba3 already increases our
maintenance effort, please *first* fix ldb (either version,
the s3 *or* the s4 one, I don't care) to be used in a
cluster.

Or tell me about the checkins I missed :-))

Thanks,

Volker