Windows service management

Rob Joyce rob at atc-nycorp.com
Wed Apr 8 18:32:29 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Back about 2 years ago, there was some discussion on this list about Samba
support for creating and deleting services on Windows machines (in addition
to starting and stopping them).  Danny Tylman provided a patch implementing
this

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2007-April/052868.html
and there seemed to be some interest about it in subsequent messages.

However, it looks like the createservice / deleteservice support was never
integrated -- at least, as far as I could tell from 3.3.3 and 4.0.0a7
source.

I'm just curious what happened to this feature...

Thanks!
_Rob