Alternate Data Stream bug in Samba 3.*

Wed Aug 27 11:06:36 GMT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 03:51:14AM -0700, lipson wrote:
>      Recently I tried all the methods I can think of to setup Samba server
> with ADS (Alternate Data Stream) support. And I was really frustrated.
>
>      First of all, I got "network is busy" error message on Samba 3.2.0 Also
> the bug has been verified. And then I gave another try to Samba 3.2.1. But
> it resulted with "cann't not find the specific file any more". Seem like the
> "network is busy" problem came back to Samba 3.3.0.
>
>      So I was sort of desperate. Anyone who has encountered the problem, pls
> give a me hint. Thanks a lot!

Sorry that I'm a bit slow, but I have paying customers that
take precedence. You could help me if you sent me the
valgrind log. I do have your log.smbd.ctdb file with the
panic, but I asked you to recompile with -g and send me the
corresponding valgrind log. If you can't send that file, it
will take a little longer for me to reproduce that bug.

Volker