Patch: Request correct access right for setprinterdata

Uri Shachar Uri.Shachar at expand.com
Mon Sep 10 15:01:01 GMT 2007

Hi Jerry,

On Tue 9/4/2007 5:26 PM Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> This indicates a bug in the server code.  The server should
> grant the client the max access rights available.  If the client
> has PRINTER_ALL_ACCESS, the the two requested access masks
> should result in the same access rights on the opened handle.
>
> I'm assuming this is against running against a Samba server.
> Do you have the level 10 debug logs available somewhere online?

Sorry for the delay, logs are at
ftp://samba:samba@tlvftp.expand.com/setprinterdata_logs.tgz

From what I could see, the best fix would probably be to modify nt_printing.c:print_access_check and have it alter the requested access_type appropriately - am I on the right path?

BTW: based on what I read in
http://samba.sernet.de/irclog/2004/11/20041105-Fri.log
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2003-March/027580.html

This issue has been 'worked around' for a long time...

Cheers,

          Uri Shachar