Removing mangle map parameter.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Sep 4 19:48:20 GMT 2007

Hi all,

	I'm planning to remove the "mangled map" parameter
as part of the removal of pstrings/fstrings from the 3.2
codebase.

For those of you without long memories :-) the "mangled map"
code was designed for the days when most clients were DOS
8.3 aware, and we wanted to map names like *.html -> *.htm
before mangling them into 8.3 format.

The code is still there, and complicates the mangling
interface horribly so I'm intending to remove it as
part of my rewrite of unix_convert to use talloced
memory.

If you depend on this parameter please let me know
asap (and also tell me *why* you depend on it :-).

Thanks,

	Jeremy.