Force user parameter change my directory permissions???

Jethro Hermans j.hermans at brrc.be
Fri Jun 15 08:58:45 GMT 2007

Hi everybody,

The "force user" parameter in my smb.conf on a share changes always my
directory permissions

drwxrws---  2 shareUsr test 4096 Jun 15 10:23 test
Change to
drwxrwx---  2 shareUsr test 4096 Jun 15 10:23 test

After I access the folder "test" the SGID bit is always removed.

"test" is a sub folder in a share called "testshare".
What can I do to avoid that this happens because I will force the user
on my shares to "shareUsr"?
When I remove the "force user" parameter in the smb.conf, everything
works fine except that the owner of my sub folders are not named as
"shareUsr".

[testshare]
        comment = test share
        path = /users/samba/groups/testshare/