Winbind and Kerberos

ninjabytes ninjabytes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 12:56:03 GMT 2007

Hello,

I have a Ubuntu 7.04 box running Samba 3.0.24 along with Winbind 3.0.24. I
have joined this box to Active Directory however when I log in using Winbind
it does not give me a ticket when I log in I have to use pam_krb5.so if I
want a Kerberos Ticket for every user that log in my system.

is it possible to tell winbind to give each user a Kerberos ticket rather
than having everyone issuing the kinit command?

Second question is, I heard Samba supports Kerberos and I have compiled it
with Kerberos support, when I log in my box using the pam_krb5.so PAM module
and I try to open a Network Share where I have rights it does prompt me for
a password unlikely winbind where this didnt happen.

Please, any help on this matter will be extremely appreciated.

John