New RAW-OPLOCK testcase: Extended attribute-only opens

Zack Kirsch zack.kirsch at isilon.com
Wed Jul 25 00:04:07 GMT 2007

Hi Jeremy and Metze (and samba-tech!)

I've been researching "attribute-only" opens and their effect on
oplocks.  It seems like the two of you were the last to update the
RAW-OPLOCK smbtorture cases - please let me know if I should redirect
this to somebody else.

The attached testcase runs successfully for me on a winXP SP2 machine
and a win2k3 machine, but doesn't run successfully for me on a different
winXP SP2 machine or stock Samba.  I'm mainly looking for comments to
see if anyone has seen results like this and if people think this is a
useful set of testcases.  What do you guys think?

Thanks!
Zack Kirsch | Software Development Engineer
Isilon Systems    P +1-206-315-7500     F  +1-206-315-7501
www.isilon.com    D +1-206-315-7487    M +1-206-601-5465
Isilon Systems: How breakthroughs begin. (tm)