[Samba] Segfault/panic with Samba 3.0.23d and setuid

Doug Dimick doug at dimick.net
Tue Jan 23 20:40:59 GMT 2007

Interesting... I attempted to "su - nobody" and got the same message.
Creating another user and asking Samba to use it instead of nobody works
initially, but then starts failing with the same error. I definitely have
not purposefully modified ulimit or attempted to restrict system resources.

Output of ulimit -a:

core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
max nice                        (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) unlimited
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) unlimited
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) unlimited
max rt priority                 (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) unlimited

	-d