[Samba] Segfault/panic with Samba 3.0.23d and setuid

Tue Jan 23 20:21:59 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 12:13:57PM -0800, Doug Dimick wrote:
> Thanks, Volker. I've attached the strace output to this email. I'm parsing
> through it myself, but have to admit I've never looked at a trace before and
> I don't have a sense for what is considered to be normal in one of these.

Line 5450 of smbd.strace says

setresuid32(65534, 65534, -1)  = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)

and the manpage for setresuid says

       EAGAIN uid  does  not  match  the current UID and this call would bring
              that user ID over its NPROC rlimit.

Is the guest account restricted with its number of processes
somehow? Some ulimit restriction?

Volker