[Samba] Segfault/panic with Samba 3.0.23d and setuid

Tue Jan 23 20:45:50 GMT 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 12:40:59PM -0800, Doug Dimick wrote:
> Interesting... I attempted to "su - nobody" and got the same message.
> Creating another user and asking Samba to use it instead of nobody works
> initially, but then starts failing with the same error. I definitely have
> not purposefully modified ulimit or attempted to restrict system resources.

But you should solve the "su - nobody" first, but this at
least seems not to be a pure Samba problem :-)

The ulimit looks sane, maybe someone else on this list has
an idea where this might come from? I don't right now.

Volker