Proposed solve following problem before release alpha.

KS Tan kstan79 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 04:33:30 GMT 2007

Hi all,
I'm another user who already test samba 4 quite much, proposed hold the
alpha untill:

1.  samba 4 support support wins
2.  have option in smb.conf to dynamic update dns server.
3. support print sharing
4. group policy apply to computer (currently apply to user only)
5. During create user/groups from active directory user and computer,
the unixName for the object we created will fill in on the fly(assume
samba useraccount=unixname). I strongly suggest using this method
because I found that swat is not yet ready and 'active directory user
and computer(dsa.msc)' is user friendly enough. Otherwise we need to use
windows support tools or swat to manage it, its too troublesome(SWAT
still contain many bugs).

* for myself, alpha stage should have more complete basic functionality,
just waiting to debug and improve. Hopefully after few month we can hope
easier to manage samba 4 directory services.
*anyway, I believe its near and everything I'm mentioned almost ready
and not hard to configure.

cheers!
Regards,
Ks