Multiple client torture tests (for cluster messaging)

Andrew Tridgell tridge at au1.ibm.com
Mon Jun 26 06:00:35 GMT 2006

Chris,

 > Anyway, I curious if anyone has developed torture tests to use multiple
 > clients (one or more remote) for cluster testing?   And of course, if
 > someone does, would you mind sharing them?

A little known option of smbtorture is "--unclist". You can use this
to get any of the smbtorture commands that use the
torture_create_procs() function to connect to multiple different
hosts. For example, you can run NBENCH against a cluster by creating a
file containing lines like this:

  \\host1\share
  \\host2\share
  \\host3\share
  \\host4\share

and if you run NBENCH with 100 clients, it will connect to each host
25 times.

It's quite useful for simple cluster testing.

Cheers, Tridge