Multiple client torture tests (for cluster messaging)

Thu Jun 22 14:53:16 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 09:30:20AM -0500, Chris Cowan wrote:
> I've been lurking a while on this list and svn check-in of the vl-messaging
> stuff.    I was going through existing tests with Steve French yesterday,
> and we noticed some oplock tests with multiple processes.
>
> Anyway, I curious if anyone has developed torture tests to use multiple
> clients (one or more remote) for cluster testing?   And of course, if
> someone does, would you mind sharing them?

They are not yet really there. There's all the Samba4
torture tests that test functionality, but as the code in
vl-messaging does not do real cluster locking yet, we did
not yet see the need to make them connect to multiple IP
addresses. This will change quite soon I think though.

What _is_ there is the Samba4 netbench test, this is able to
connect to multiple hosts using some file where the paths
are referenced. This file is pointed at via the
torture:unclist smb.conf option, I'd have to look at the
code for the file syntax.

Volker