[Proposal] Samba 3.2.0 to replace 3.0.22

Mon Jan 9 15:56:34 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 10:45:19AM -0500, simo wrote:
> If we have a clear upgrade path I think people will switch to 3.2.x in a
> not so long time, and we can fix an end of team support for the 3.0.x
> series as we did for 2.2.x series.

So far the upgrade path is simple. Map all groups that are in use but unmapped.
Look at the changed default values for parameters and set them appropriately. I
was careful not to change the LDAP schema for example, so existing setups
continue to work.

It is the >40k lines of diff in core parts of our code that worry me.

Volker