Samba4 Build farm failures

Sun Aug 13 12:35:04 GMT 2006

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 10:22:48PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On older Solaris, I've fixed a declaration before statement in misc.c.
> I'm disappointed that our --enable-developer mode didn't pick this up...

I always compile with -Wdeclaration-after-statement, this
gives a warning on gcc.

> Stratus VOS is well, VOS (a number of the filenames are too long)...

Yes, I think VOS is really hard. It seems to be posix but
with some severe limitations.

> On Tru64 (SerNet's machine), we need to find a system group like
> 'wheel'.  So far we try "wheel", "root" and "staff".  Can someone
> suggest another similar group?

I could create a group "wheel" if you wish.

> On AIX, it appears that 'FIXME' is a macro, causing a build failure on
> the dcom IDL.  I'm fixing this.

When I try to build Samba4 on AIX it also fails in
heimdal/lib/des, it stumbles over the unconditional use of
"inline".

Volker