Samba4 Build farm failures

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Aug 13 12:41:07 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 14:35 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 10:22:48PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > On older Solaris, I've fixed a declaration before statement in misc.c.
> > I'm disappointed that our --enable-developer mode didn't pick this up...
>
> I always compile with -Wdeclaration-after-statement, this
> gives a warning on gcc.

OK, I think it is just the warning being ignored then.  I wish we could
make this one (alone) fatal...

> > Stratus VOS is well, VOS (a number of the filenames are too long)...
>
> Yes, I think VOS is really hard. It seems to be posix but
> with some severe limitations.

Yeah, I've disabled building Samba4 on these hosts for now, it's just
noise.

> > On Tru64 (SerNet's machine), we need to find a system group like
> > 'wheel'.  So far we try "wheel", "root" and "staff".  Can someone
> > suggest another similar group?
>
> I could create a group "wheel" if you wish.

Is there a generic system superuser group of some kind?  Otherwise, you
may as well, so we can get to other more 'real' test failures.

> > On AIX, it appears that 'FIXME' is a macro, causing a build failure on
> > the dcom IDL.  I'm fixing this.
>
> When I try to build Samba4 on AIX it also fails in
> heimdal/lib/des, it stumbles over the unconditional use of
> "inline".

Ok.  I've CC'ed Love, but a fix in Samba4 will require me to resync with
Heimdal, which is a bit painful at this point as we work to get the
GSSAPI patches included upstream, or at least repatched against the new
upstream layout.