"security = domain" lists more groupmembers than "security = ads"

Karolin Seeger ks at sernet.de
Mon Oct 17 13:04:56 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have a question about winbindd design.
We noticed, that with "security = domain" winbindd
enumerates all members of a group plus all users
who have this group as their primary group.

"Security = ads" only enumerates the mebers of
the group, not the users which have it as their
primary group.

A Sniff shows, that the MMC works in the same way
as rpcclient / "security = domain". There ist a
second ldapsearch request for users having the group
as their primary group.

The question is whether winbindd should do the
second ldapsearch request, too. This means to
behave different to Linux, but like Windows.

With kind regards,
Karolin

--
Karolin Seeger, SerNet Service Network GmbH
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9