svn commit: samba r11804 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: librpc/rpc torture/rpc

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Nov 21 04:27:08 GMT 2005

Volker,

 > Would you be able to revert the async rpc auth changes until they are
 > in a bit better shape?

don't worry about this - I finally managed to find the problems and
'make test' now passes again. The session key problem was caused by
the removal of the

  p->conn->security_state.session_key = dcerpc_generic_session_key;

line on a successful bind in revision 11809.

I think there is a bit more to do though. The epm bind calls are still
synchronous, and I think we should remove the change of the recv_data
for bind handler in dcerpc.c.

Probably the best approach is to split the epm bind code out of
dcerpc_util.c into dcerpc_epm.c, creating a composition function that
does the epm resolution. Then create async versions of
dcerpc_pipe_connect_b() which call into the epm composite when epm
resolution is needed.

I also think the dcerpc_auth.c async code needs a few comments. It
took me several hours to find those two small bugs :-(

Cheers, Tridge